Work with UsWe are an online data privacy compliance one-stop shop that provides solutions to international small and
medium-size companies. Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Protection Advisor /Officer
- Date: 04-12-2018
Seers Group is a UK based company with offices in London.
We are an online data privacy compliance, one-stop shop that provides solutions to international small and medium-size companies.
Looking for a part-time dedicated advisor who provides advice and support to the Data Protection Officer about all information governance for the UK. You will have the opportunity to take advice on developing information governance policies and procedures with some subject matter experts throughout the business.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to understand and provide incisive, reliable and commercially sound advice and solutions on complex business issues.
- Solid understanding of applicable European and local Privacy laws and regulations.
- Experience of developing and embedding a data privacy program that ensures early and full business awareness and ownership of privacy risks.
- Be comfortable to working in an environment with an extensive range of specialisms and responsibilities.
- Ability to translate technical and legal concepts to business areas.
- Legal qualification/background.
- Data Privacy Professional certification (ISEB/IAPP).
- Specialist experience in data protection laws and issues.
- Specialist knowledge of technical data privacy matters including encryption and hashing.
- Ability to communicate with and to influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Self-sufficient computer skills.
- Understanding a commercial retail environment.
- Book sessions with the clients (business) and address their concerns.
- Provide subject matter privacy advice, including new Data Protection legislation and its application to the client’s business.
- Identifies Privacy risks and issues. Advises all employees where their activities put the company at risk and provide actionable solutions to remediate risks and issues.
- To design and develop a program of work to demonstrate compliance with global privacy standards and ensure the optimum customer experience.
- Improve, drive and embed data privacy standards, governance and policies.
- Liaise with business process owners to build an understanding of Privacy risks related to their personal information processing activities and provide advice on how to mitigate risk by embedding Privacy into the design of business processes.
- Act as the liaison point for privacy matters to SEERS customers. SEERS employees and DPA supervisory authorities/regulators.
- Oversees subject data rights and requests for information.
- Drafting and advising on technical privacy and security aspects in contracts.
- Advise and support remediation and notification of PII data incidents.
- Maintain and improve a data privacy impact assessment framework and facilitate an assessment to advise on privacy risks and suggested mitigations.
- Act as the escalation point for enhanced privacy complaints and enquiries.
- Advise on marketing and third-party initiatives involving consent.
- Oversees fair processing information and privacy notices.
- Builds and maintains knowledge about applicable country privacy laws and regulations and assesses the impact of changes in laws to privacy operations.